Sunday, November 23, 2014

Chanel Camelia De Plumes Review and Swatches

Winter is here and we all know what that means ... holiday collections are out ! The one that I was the most excited about this year is Chanel's. Every year Chanel would come out with gorgeous powder compacts and the little collector in me can just never say no to them. 

Chanel Camelia De Plumes Highlighting Powder

Lets get to the review, shall we ? 


Colour: a shimmery, cool-toned champagne highlighter 

Texture: smooth and soft

Longevity: lasts me a good 6-8 hours 

Finish: This highlighting powder is quite pigmented and shimmery so a light sweep of product is enough for me to get a nice sheeny glow to my skin.  

Application: Because I wouldn't consider this highlighter as a subtle one at all, I recommend to only apply it on the tops of the cheeks or anywhere else on the skin that doesn't have a lot of texture or pores. I like to use a small tapered powder brush for this highlighter and it blends in the product so effortlessly into the skin. 

Overall: I believe Camelia De Plumes is a good highlighter but it may not be one thats suitable for everyone. If you're a collector or makeup lover like myself, I do recommend you picking this highlighter up as well. One of the reasons why this product is so unique to me is because of its colour. It almost looks both warm-toned and cool-toned at the same time ... 

For those who are looking for a natural, everyday, easy-to-use highlighter, this probably isn't the best option for you. Instead, I would recommend checking out Kevyn Aucoin's Candlelight, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders or Cle de Peau's Face Luminizers. 



Chanel Camelia De Plumes Highlighting Powder Swatches

[ Details ] 

size: 8g 
price: 540 HKD 
- limited edition 

Thanks for reading and I hope this review was helpful !

Chansie 

No comments:

Post a Comment