Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss and Blush - Review and Swatches

Happy Thursday everyone !

Since many of my lovely friends on Instagram seem to be interested in the YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush, I decided to make a brief post on them. I hope it will be helpful to some of you !

Yves Saint Laurent claims this to be a versatile 2 in 1 product that can be used on both the cheeks as well on as the lips. At first, I was quite skeptical about its "duo-purpose" claim; however, after experimenting with it for a few more times, I have to say that I am extremely impressed with how it performs. 

YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush

~ As a Blush ~ 

With its lovely mousse-like texture, the Baby Doll Kiss and Blush blends out effortlessly and seamlessly on the cheeks without any uneven patchiness. I recommend that you only start off with two small dots on the cheeks and then add more until you achieve your desired effect. Not only would this technique prevent you from overdoing your blush since it is extremely pigmented, but it would also give you more time to blend out evenly before it dries up and becomes blotchy. As a blush, it is definitely considered long-lasting because once it sets on the cheeks, it looks and lasts just like a cheek stain. Depending on how bold the shade is, the staining effect does vary. Nonetheless, they do perform beautifully as cheek stains/blushes.   

YSL-BabyDoll-Kiss-And-Blush-Swatches

~ As a lipstick (preferred way) ~

My favourite part about this product as a lipstick is that it does not emphasize my chapped lips at all. In fact, the formula seems to be able to blur out all my imperfections to make my lips look and feel unbelievably smooth and moisturized; however, it is also because of its formula that it does transfer and fade easily throughout the day (definitely not one that would survive its way through a meal).

Another pro about this product is that with just one application, you can easily achieve full colour on the lips (as shown below). Not to mention that it can also act as a lip stain if you only apply a few dots on the lips and then blend out. As expected, I find that the bolder shades in the range have a greater staining power compared to that of the lighter/more natural shades. Because of this, I do recommend using a lip liner when using the bolder colours to prevent bleeding and staining/smudging on the skin around the lip area.

YSL-Kiss-And-Blush-Lip-Swatches

~ Applicator ~

- firm yet flexible enough to allow for easy application
- slightly pointed applicator good for outlining the lips
- holds the perfect amount of product for one application
      
YSL-BabyDoll-Kiss-And-Blush

~ Final Verdict ~


These Baby Doll Kiss and Blushes are some of my favourite lip products just because they feel incredibly comfortable on the lips and are some of the few lipsticks that can actually hide the lines and dryness on my lips. If the price of this product doesn't scare you away, I would say go for it !

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them :)

[ Details ]
price: 40 USD 
size: 0.33 fl. oz. 10 mL 

As always, thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day !

Chansie







1 comment: