Saturday, August 30, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows (Pale Barley & Rosewood) Review & Swatches

My first ever purchases from Burberry's makeup line: the ever so famous Pale Barley and Rosewood Sheer Eyeshadows.


Burberry Eyeshadow Pale Barley
(Pale Barley)
Burberry Pale Barley Review


To me, Pale Barley is a cool-toned, pale cappuccino colour with gold shimmers while Rosewood is a classic taupe. Both of which have a super flattering metallic finish. The colour range for Burberry's eyeshadows are probably not as colourful and extensive as that of MAC or Urban Decay's, but it is their texture that makes them HG products to me. They are honestly everything that I look for in a shadow: creamy, blendable, silky, soft ... (and the list goes on).



Burberry Rosewood Eyeshadow
(Rosewood)
Burberry Eyeshadow Rosewood

One of the comments that I often hear others say about these shadows is that they aren't as pigmented as the typical shadows out there. But, as stated in the name (Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows), they were formulated to be more on the sheer side. That being said, they are definitely buildable ! As always, I wear a primer underneath my shadows and I experienced no fading or creasing with these ones at all.


Burberry Rosewood and Pale Barley Swatches

The way that Pale Barley and Rosewood blend into my skin is just amazing. Their formulas somehow allow them to look seamless on my lids. A fool proof product for sure.

After my experience with these two shadows, my Burberry collection will definitely continue to grow :)


[ Summary ] 

price: HKD 250
net weight: 2.5g 0.088 oz
color: pale cappuccino (PB), taupe (R)
finish: metallic
texture: creamy, soft
pigmentation: sheer but buildable

Hope this was helpful !


Chansie



No comments:

Post a Comment