Monday, October 6, 2014

Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion Review & Swatches

I finally jumped on the cushion base makeup bandwagon and tried out the Sulwhashoo Perfecting Cushion ! :) The shade I bought is No.13, light pink.


Let's start off with the product's claims, shall we? 

- flawless and smooth skin for a long time
- promotes skin resilience
- moisturized skin all day long
- anti-wrinkle & whitening
- SPF 50+ PA+++


How to use (from Sulwhasoo website) ...

Use a puff to release an appropriate amount and pat over face as your regular foundation. Apply more on areas with flaws for flawless skin expression. 

My skin description: 

- dry: cheeks, chin & around the nose 
- oily: nose (after a few hours) 
- normal: forehead 
- large pores 
- pale complexion (Mac NC15-20, Chanel 10, Bobbi Brown Porcelain) 
- yellow undertones 


My thoughts ... 

Color Match: Like with any other BB cream or foundation from Korea, the colour selection for the Sulwhasoo cushion is very limited and, in my opinion, quite confusing. Because my skin is quite fair, I was automatically drawn to the No.13; however, after seeing that the shade is called "light pink", I was a bit hesitant to try it out as I do have yellow undertones in my skin. Despite the ever so slightly pink undertone of No.13, I do believe that it is a pretty good match for my current complexion. 
** color range: No.13, No. 21, No.23, No.25 **

Coverage: 
- one layer: light to medium coverage
- two layer: solid medium coverage

Finish: This foundation gives a really natural growly finish to the skin and not the "wet" dewy skin look that some Korean pop stars have in the advertisements. Usually when my base makeup is glowy, I tend to set the area around my nose with a powder because I find that the dewiness actually accentuates the look of my large pores; however, with this product, I find that the look of my pores are minimized quite nicely without any powder ! 

Application: The instructions say to use the sponge to pat all over the face but I find that the simple patting motion doesn't help blend and meld the product into my skin. Instead, I like to slowly pressed the sponge all across my face. Not only do I find that the pressing motion helps make the foundation look more natural, but it also takes less time and effort to apply one full layer evenly on my face. 

Longevity: Undoubtedly, the Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion is one of the longest wearing foundations that I have ever tried. Not only do I not need a powder to set my base makeup in the morning, but I also find that I do not need to touch up my foundation at all throughout the day. Granted, I do get slightly shiny on my nose but I find that the "shiny-ness" that I get from this foundation doesn't make my skin look greasy or oily.

Scent:
- herbal-ly & minty
** scent does not linger on the skin ** 

Overall: The Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion has definitely set the standards high for not only cushion foundations/BB creams but also for any base makeup in general. Because my friend has oily-combindation skin and she still loves this product just as much as I do, it truly shows how good of a product this cushion foundation really is. Although it is quite pricey, I am pretty confident to say that it won't be a disappointment as long as you can find a decent colour match. It is convenient, long lasting and simply beautiful on the skin. What more can you ask for from a foundation, right ? :)




[ Details ]

size: 15g x 2 (one refill) 
price: 60,000 won 

Hope this was helpful !

Chansie 


2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Nice Review. I am missha no. 23 natural beige & in no7 instant radiance foundation deeply beige, what shade would that be in sulwahasoo? I have olive skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I would say definitely go for no.23 since it'll be a lot more suitable for olive/yellow skin tones

      Delete